Garage Door Opener
The Genie Intellicode® Garage Door Opener is a rolling code technology which uses a proprietary coding system to select one of 4.3 billion possible code combinations each time the system is activated.
Older remote controllers used a fixed code each time the button was pressed. This made it possible for "code grabbers" to capture your code, enabling burglars to gain access to your home through the garage.
This newer state of the art technology foils code grabbers providing increased security for your home.
This virtually eliminates the possibility of hacking, and helps to prevent unauthorized entry to your home through the garage.
This remote technology is easy to program and has been standard with Genie garage door openers since 1995.
Programming Genie® Intellicode®
- Take your remote controller into the garage to be within reach of your Genie® garage door opener.
- Find the “Learn Code” button and indicator LED. The Learn Code button is usually located under the light cover or at the back of the unit.
- Press and release the Learn Code button. The indicator LED will blink at a rate of once per second. Press and release the button on the remote control you want to program. The indicator LED will glow steady. Press the same remote control button again. The indicator LED will go out.
- To check that the button has been programmed correctly, press the button on the remote again. The door should operate. If it doesn’t operate, carefully repeat steps a through c above.
- Caution! Before activating the door, be sure that all people, pets, ladders, vehicles and other obstructions are cleared from the door’s path.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 for multiple doors and/or remote controllers with multiple button.
Up to seven Intellicode® remote-operated devices can be programmed to one Genie® Intellicode® garage door opener. This includes a total of seven Intellicode® remotes or six Intellicode® remotes and the Intellicode® wireless keypad.
From Genie® Intellicode® Garage Door Opener to Articles Page