three blinking lights & door won't close
Garage door will not open and close with remotes. Three blinking lights occur when we try to close door. What does this mean? It is a Linear unit.
I will assume you mean that your garage door will open with your remote but will not close. It should close if you press and hold the wall control button until the door is fully closed.
If that is the case, the 3 blinking lights indicate that your garage door's infrared safety beams are not properly aligned.
1) Check that the operator has power. The green lights on the sender and receiver should be lit.
2) If the receiver’s green light is on, but the red light is off, the receiver has power but is not detecting the infrared beam from the sender. The red light might flash when the beam is partially detected. This can be caused by
mis-alignment or something blocking the beam.
Adjust the safety beam sender and receiver while watching the receiver’s red light (stay out of the beam while aligning it). When the red light stays on, the beam is aligned and your garage door should operate normally.http://www.linearcorp.com/pdf/manuals/LCO75.pdfNOTE:
If the receiver’s red light remains off, check for:
1) Dirt on the receiver’s lens,
2) Sunlight shining into the receiver’s lens,
3) A short in the safety beam wiring (from staples or at the operator terminals).